Trying to decide which sessions to pick? Read on!
What is SpringOne?
SpringOne is going free and online in 2020. On September 2 and 3, hear from all your favorite speakers and companies along with a host of new experts, and access exciting new content—all as part of your virtual event experience:
- Catch up on the latest announcements from the Spring and VMware Tanzu product teams.
- Get inspired by hearing real-world success stories from other organizations.
- Surf across five tracks of breakout content presented live over two days.
- Keep the conversation going on Slack by engaging with speakers and attendees before, during, and after the conference to ask direct questions and build connections.
- Boost your skills with instructor-led and self-paced workshops.
- Take a break from the conference content and clear your mind with yoga, activities, music—and a few surprises!
SpringOne Session tracks
The live conference breakouts are grouped into five tracks and will run concurrently across the two days. Choose your own adventure ahead of time; stick with full sessions or surf between interesting topics and catch up with the recordings later. All without the long walks between overflowing breakout rooms!
If you’re just getting started developing with Spring, or want to round out your knowledge of Spring’s capabilities, Expect lots of live coding!
- You Can Be Cloud Native, Too - Learn about using Dot.Net via Steeltoe
- From Zero to Spring Boot Hero with GitHub Codespaces - Use Codespace to write and run API
- Tracing Issues in Your Application - Bugs got you down? Trace them down.
Technical deep dives, coding and demos are the name of the game. It is ideal for expert Spring developers looking to stay on the leading edge and keep their coding chops in tip-top condition.
- Migrating Mainframe Apps to the Cloud Using Spring- Mainframe Metal meets Spring modernization
- Multiplatform Apps with Spring, Kotlin, and RSocket- Making apps on multiple platforms.
- Test-Driven Security - Using TDD to ensure security is embedded
Functions, event-driven architectures, microservices, service mesh, Kubernetes, Spring Cloud, Steeltoe, CI/CD, streaming data. If you’re an application architect designing, building, and implementing architectures using any of these technologies, Expert speakers from VMware, AWS, GM, Confluent, Okta, and Microsoft will share their architectural patterns and advice. See the sessions in this track.
- A Tour of the Modern Java Platform - New to Spring, get your bearings with Java.
- Microservices Testing at Scale - Scale elegantly by testing first!
- Modern Application Configuration in Kubernetes - Did someone say YAML? ConfigMaps and Secrets.
Development meets operations meets automation in this platform-a-palooza track packed full of DevOps, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, and more. If your mission is to make Spring (and other) developers productive and successful, then this track is for you.
- Deploy Code into Production Faster on Kubernetes - Speed and Developers Yes!
- Next-Generation Cloud Native Apps with Spring Cloud and Kubernetes - K8’s and Spring (peanut butter and jelly)
- How Spring Cloud Gateway Orchestrated Our App Modernization - AARP drops some wisdom from their experience.
If you’re responsible for agile processes, team structure, or delivering a technology program, this track has customer stories, industry best practices, and panels to inspire and guide you. Hear from Albertsons, Target, Boeing, T-Mobile, KLM, StateFarm, Tesco, TD Ameritrade, and Morgan Stanley as well as VMware experts, and make a special date with the wide-ranging panel discussions.
- How to Use KPIs in an Agile Delivery Environment - If you can’t measure it you can’t manage it.
- Technology Transformation: Lessons from Large Orgs and Startups- A developer view of value.
- Voya’s Digital Transformation: We Planned on a Trip to Venice and Ended Up in Amsterdam - Hear how the team improved the way we develop and run software systems at Voya.